アジア大洋州ラテンアメリカ研究協議会 (Consejo de Estudios Latinoamericanos de Asia y Oceanía: CELAO) 2020年大会事務局より、大会開催の連絡が以下の通り届きましたのでおしらせします。
Invitation to Attend the Biannual Conference of the
Council for Latin American Studies of Asia and Oceania (CELAO)
The Council for Latin American Studies of Asia and Oceania (El Consejo de Estudios Latinoamericanos de Asia y Oceanía, CELAO), established in September 2003, is an academic association of Latin American studies in Asia and Oceania. It aims to bring together academics and intellectuals from Asia/Oceania and other places around the world to share their knowledge and experiences in the field of Latin American studies.
CEALO’s biannual conference has already been held in eight countries/regions:
• 1st Conference - 2005, at La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia
• 2nd Conference - 2007, at the Convention Center COEX in Seoul, South Korea
• 3rd Conference - 2008, at Indira Gandhi National Open University in New Delhi, India
• 4th Conference - 2010, at the University of Guadalajara in Guadalajara, Mexico
• 5th Conference - 2012, at the University of Asia and the Pacific in Manila, Philippines
• 6th Conference - 2014, at Kyoto University in Kyoto, Japan
• 7th Conference - 2016, at Victoria University of Wellington in Wellington, New Zealand
• 8th Conference – 2018, at University of Macau in Macau S. A. R., ChinaThe ninth conference
The 9th Conference (CELAO 2020) will be held on April 18 (Saturday), 2020, in Shanghai. It will be organized by the Center for Latin American Studies at the Institute of Global Studies, Shanghai University.
CELAO 2020 will discuss the main theoretical and practical issues of Latin American politics, economic development, foreign relations, diplomacy, social development, history and culture.
Working languages are Chinese, Spanish, English, and Portuguese.
If you wish to attend, please send a summary of your presentation (500 words) to:
email@example.com. The deadline would be around February 15, 2020.
Please note: 1) You will take care of your own cost of travel and hotel, and we shall offer you free meals during the conference; 2) Registration fee is US$90 to be paid upon your arrival at the Shanghai University.
The minimum price for an off-campus hotel room is up from RMB 250, and the price of a guest room on campus is around RMB 450. (1 USD=7 RMB). These two prices are estimation. You need to pay according to the real price in April.
If you need reservation, please email your request as soon as possible to: